Goldenberg’s Exclusive Flat Roof Installation Process:
Our exclusive Flat Roofing System is great for any residential home. There are colors available based on the type of granuals you chose. In some cases we can turn around a roofing project with in 24-48 hours (If weather permits). See our steps below on how we strive to achieve this:
- The process begins with us protecting your home with tarps and sheets of plywood to prevent debris from hitting your home. In some cases we set up a scaffold (only if necessary)
- Then we begin removing all existing roofing down to the bare wood.
- Now we start to install 1/2″ insulation board followed by installing fiberglass base sheet (Both are secured with cap nails or screws and plates).
- After the fiberglass base sheet is installed we then begin to install SBS cold apply rubber roofing (Material installed with Trawl Grade adhesive).
- Flashing of the Parapit Walls: The roofing is secured to the wall with an aluminum termination bar, flashing cement and roof membrane: it is then covered with ceramic granuals to protect the flashing cement from the sun.
- We then build new hatch covers and cover the covers with a galvanized metal skin (By Law all flat roofs need to have a working hatch).
- We install or replace any skylights that are needed.
- Then we install a flange gutter which is specifically designed for a flat roof application.
- We then install and/or change the wall scuppers to copper or aluminum.
- Finally we remove all of the debris from the jobsite and hall it all away in our Goldenberg trucks.